The past few weeks have been pretty crazy. I don't think I've gone to bed earlier than midnight for almost a month now, between writing papers, typing up a fake legal memorandum, churning out newspaper articles, and studying until I literally fall asleep. But for all of that, I've had some awesome things happen lately.
It started a couple weeks ago, when my boss asked me to be the new editor at the magazine (our current editor graduates this week). I'm really excited. I'll have some big shoes to fill, and a lot on my plate (in addition to being editor, I'll still be writing and doing layout and design), but I'm stoked for this new opportunity I'll have at the magazine.
Not long after that, I accepted a job offer from the Daily Universe to be the campus editor for spring and summer semesters. Yep, that's right. This summer from 8-12 every day, I will be the editor at Eagle's Eye, and from 12-4 I will be the campus editor at the DU. Crazy.
Later that week I was inducted into Kappa Tau Alpha, an honor society for journalism students. Mom and Caitlin came to the induction ceremony, and since they were on campus, I took them on a tour of my work and the Daily Universe. It was pretty fun. Thanks for coming, guys!
A few weeks before, I had found out the communications department had awarded me the Scripps League/N. LaVerl Christensen scholarship. The day after my induction I went to a luncheon with the donors and some other important people to receive my scholarship. I ended up sitting next to Jim Wall, the publisher of the Deseret News, we ended up having a really interesting conversation about the future of the newspaper industry. I know that sounds nerdy, but it was really cool. Someone in the department also got the idea to put up plaques in the hallway with the names of past and present scholarship recipients. It's a little weird to walk down the hall on my way to class and see my name up on the wall.
Wow, that's a lot about me. But at least you know what I'm up to... and that I'm still alive.
Congratulations on all your awesome accomplishments! You have one proud Mom!
ReplyDelete